A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Pawn Shop Circuit: Army Special

Neil had three black tactical autoloaders in his display case, and a selection of shotguns across the wall. He still had the five, seven and eight string bass guitars from New Orleans hanging on the wall as well.

Dave had placed a Colt Army Special in .38 special in the case. Dave must think he has my number. His revolver has very little bluing left, a broken grip, and he has it priced at $299. I let it stay with Dave. For $150, I might be interested, but not for $299. I ran the serial number through Proofhouse.com and saw it was a 1919 gun. No matter, Dave had it priced at least $100 to high. I've made it a policy not to question Dave's prices. I'll wait him out. If someone pays three C's for that revolver, they want it more than me!

I did not cross the river to see Amber.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home