A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Pre-Interview Morning

Today is interview day. I have been preparing by reading everything I could on the nurse's role in surgery. That is why blogging has been light. I got to sleep last night at 8PM and awoke at 4:30 this AM. That is good, if I get the job, my workday will begin at 5AM.
There are several openings. I am gunning for the operating room, with a second choice of ambulatory surgery. My sterile technique is excellent, my knowledge base is good, my experience level and maturity are well above average. I believe I have a lot to offer a surgical team. I am settled, and will not move away in three years to sell the knowledge gained at another hospital. Because I have no training, I will not have to be re-trained. I simply require training. I am ready for this. We shall see how it goes.

7 Comments:

Blogger James R. Rummel said...

Good luck, Xavier. We are all pulling for you even though we know you will do just fine.

James

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck, Xavier, and ditto what James said.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sterno said...

Good luck and godspeed!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

My spouse was a surgical tech for years- and in LA, over in S'Port. She really enjoyed the challenge of the learning and then helping fix folks. It made for interesting dinner conversation.

Good luck with the interview.

8:39 AM  
Blogger a faith bigger than fear said...

Good Luck, Xavier!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto here. Go kick some interview butt!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad was an old time GP and former airline pilot. He found his forte in emergency room medicine, loved it. Best of luck to you.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home