A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pawn Shop Circuit: A Good Home

Today, I made up my mind to possibly acquire the Charter Arms Undercover Neil had on his shelf. After several days of consideration and after reading Johnny's opinion of the gun, my willpower evaporated. The little revolver did, after all possess an interesting history, and as the little gun that could, it was a good option as a CCW gun. It would make a good addition to my accumulation. If the aluminum grip frame was still firmly attached to the steel portion of the frame, I would buy it. I stuffed $170 in my wallet, placed my Model 38 in my pocket and went back to Neil's pawn shop.

Neil looked up from his ever present classified ads as I walked in, the cowbell jangling on the door. "Which one did you come back for?" he asked.

"The Undercover," I replied.

"Sold it," he countered.

I was stunned. Apparently someone other than myself had seen the little wheelgun as a good deal. Perhaps it was a college student who resolved to never let a piece of human scum gun them down. Perhaps it was a real estate agent, or a car salesman who felt threatened by spooky clients. Perhaps it was a rookie on the force, or a battered wife who was finally ready to made a move out of a bad marriage. I didn't inquire as to who purchased the Undercover, but I hope it was someone who will carry it well. I'm sure it will serve it's purpose.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger nature223 said...

here's my personal maxim I adopted concerning the "hmm,should I".
STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT
you can always sell it later,or trade it off,but you cant rewind time and missed opportunity .

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it went to a person who said "never again."

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6 years ago, when I got my carry permit, I bought an Undercover. My GP100SS is just too big to comfortably carry. The Charter is light, concealable (not concealed carry isn't required in TN, but I prefer to), and I think adequate to allow me to get elsewhere. My girlfried carries an SP101, but I just didn't have the $ at the time, & I'm still happy with it.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Dr. StrangeGun said...

Or perhaps you have a local reader :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have an Undercover I used to carry when I had to carry something smaller than my Combat Commander. I haven't carried the the Charter Arms even once since I got my Kel Tec P3AT - 10 oz. loaded with 8 rounds of .380 - with a one round extended mag. Try one of these, you'll be glad you did.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the Undercover was sold when you went back for it. I had a similar situation happen at the little pawn shop I buy all my guns from.

They had a brand new Charter Arms 44 Bulldog. I talked myself out of buying it the day I looked at it - but spent the next few weeks wishing I'd just spent the money and brought it home. Husband kept emailing from Iraq that I should go buy it. Unfortunately, when I finally went back to get it, he said he'd just sold it a few days prior. The fact he said he could order me one and have it there in a few days made it not so bad though lol. I added the Bulldog to my growing arsenal a few days later heh... It's a great gun for conceal carry!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home