A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Pawnshop Circuit: Pythons and Fender Benders

I went on my pawnshop circuit today, a bi-weekly ritual of checking five area pawnshops for used guns. There is usually a plethora of guns, in all manner of condition available, but the pickings have been rather slim since Hurricaine Katrina passed through. I saw a couple of automatic shotguns, and one Steyr handgun. That was it. On the fourth pawnshop, I was ready to throw in the towel.
As I was backing out, a truck pulled behind me, and I T-boned him in reverse. Great......
I got out and asked if I had hurt him. The young man in the truck also got out, and said "Hey, it's an old work truck. Don't worry about it." True enough, there was next to no damage. Still, in today's litigous society, I was heartened to come across a young man who was a straight shooter. We shook hands and went our separate ways.
I felt so good about things that I decided to cross the river and go to the final pawnshop. Once there, I glanced down the long gun rack, and saw a few rejected deer rifles, several black powder guns, and once again, no shotguns.
Then I looked in the glass case. I spied a blued revolver. It had a ventilated barrel rib. It was a Colt. I asked Dave if I could see it, and he produced an imaculate four inch Colt Python. The gun locked up tight and had no turn ring on the cylinder. Unfortunately it had no box. I did the Jim March Revolver Checkout on it, and agreed to the reasonable price. I put it on lay away. We will see how long I can stand that. I must be doing something right.

UPDATE: Saturday, September 24, 2005 5:16PM

Colt Python $599I could wait all of three days. The Python came home today. Range Report soon!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Completely said...

How could any sane individual pass up something with such nice lines!! I hope you get a chance to shoot it in the next e-Postal match......

You should check your blog with Firefox for a browser. Your sidebar isn't showing up in Firefox.

Thanks for the blogroll! That's some pretty classy blogs you've got me listed with!! I'll get a link up for you on Mr. Completely right away!

Can't find an email address for you, so drop me an email at
blog@whidbey.com

.......Mr. C.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home