A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, October 28, 2005

Why 50 Cent Did Not Make the Cut

I was emailed a picture of a gangsta rapper called 50 Cent to be featured in my Idiots with guns series. In the photo, this young man is pointing a Glock handgun directly at the camera. I decided to not use the photo.
I made the decision when I began the Idiots with Guns series that I would not use celebrities, movie posters or publicity shots. That is too easy, the ignorant gun handling is far too prevalent. In this 50 Cent photo, however, the rapper has his trigger finger outside the trigger guard. He is actually showing some gun handling knowledge. The pistol is not held sideways, ghetto style, as one might expect. Even though the gun was pointed at a camera and one must assume a cameraman, the rapper's handling of the weapon gives credence to the thought that he might have checked the chamber himself prior to posing for the photo. I do not like gangsta rap, or the entire hip hop gangsta destroy your potential lifestyle. I believe it is a pestilence upon our youth, but I will give credit where it is due. It looks to me that this is one celebrity who knows a little about gun handling.

As I was searching though over 100 Googled images trying to find one example of poor gun handling by 50 Cent, I could not. I did, however, find an article on his concert posters being taken down in South-Central LA because they promote gang violence.
Pulease!
Either this is a publicity stunt, or California has finally awakened to realize that the media glorifies violence, and perhaps perpetuates it.
When I see them jerking James Bond posters off the walls I will believe they are serious. By the way, have you ever seen a James Bond poster with a finger outside of a triggerguard?

Update


50 Cent has lashed out at fellow hip-hop star Kayne West for accusing US President George W Bush of racism in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Hell, I might actually start liking this guy if it wasn't for the stuff he calls music! Another hat tip to you 50 Cent!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a front sight on that Glock?

Those holsters look like they'd be really uncomfortable without a shirt.

-Paul Simer

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to misuse a handgun to be an idiot.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

50 cent is a fuking genius man! it aint rite to dis him like that.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poster looks very much like targets I shoot.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Dr. StrangeGun said...

And look, he even has a holster...

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo 50 Cent a 'publikan Dawg! Kane West is a demodawg. what do ya xpeck?

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home