A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Grammar Cops

I have been visited by the Grammar Cops. I recieved a comment correcting my grammar on a post a month old. I corrected my error, and then the Grammar Cop had the audacity to demand credit for their "work". To wit:
"...........typically include crediting those who contribute to your work (such as pointing out errors in your post which you incorporate.) I was just trying help you correct your errors and improve the image of the pro-gun community. Presentation of information is very important, especially in reaching audiences on the Internet."

Yeah right. Check out this presentation..........pack sand.

If you want a link, just ask. I'll give you one if you are not a jerk.

As a result, I am now moderating the comments on this forum. I apologize for the inconvienence.

I began this public soapbox to have fun, and possibly help other people who appreciate guns. Maybe entertain a couple of people. I have devoted considerable time to it at the expense of other endeavors. I don't give a rat's ass what my "audience" thinks of my grammar. If you would like to improve the image of the pro-gun community, then go do it somewhere else. This is my soapbox, and I'm going to say whatever the hell I want to, however I want to. If you don't like it, read something else.

I've been giving this blog shit a little to much time. I've posted at least once or twice a day since it began. I'm going to take a break. If you are disappointed and in need of something to read, I invite you to peruse the fine blogs in my bloglist. If you are offended, there is a line forming around the corner, and I don't give a damn.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging is little more than a cathartic experience. If it ceases to hold water for you, then cease as you see fit. That said, it would be somewhat sad as I do enjoy yours, but then again you are absolutely right. You don't do it for the readers, you do it for yourself, and that is as it should be.

How very odd though that someone would want to claim credit for nothing, as that is all that they did. So very very odd.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your reasoning, but hate to see you slack off on posting. You have one of the better gun blogs. Good info with out all the BS. I'll keep checking
every day like I all ways do.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Xavier,

Understand one thing about blogs: They are all about ME. Well, in this case, all about YOU.

Post what you like, and how you like. If folks enjoy it, they'll come read it. If they bitch and complain, they don't have to read it, and can go elsewhere. Basically, a blog is a way to let all of us be that crazy guy on the corner yelling at cars, but still get to work on time. Don't sweat the comments of some dolt; if he doesn't like it, he can go start his own damn blog.

That being said, I demand a link.

Oh, wait, I already have one... ;)

Tam

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let it bother you Zave! Some people get a touch of education and think they know everything.

12:34 PM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Screw the self-crediting grammar-troll and the thesaurus he rode in on (or is that, the thesaurus in on which he rode, or... the thesaurus on which he rode in, or... the thesaurus upon that which he rode on in...)
What idiotic kind of do-gooder help does (s)he/it think they give, it's like an inoculation of swine flue, by the swine itself.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xavier,

While I appreciate the time you dedicate to this blog I for one would be sad to see you slow down. Your blog has been a great source of education, entertainment, and humor. I have yet to see any grammar mistakes so perhaps your "grammar cop" needs a visit by the "manners police".

ericn

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FWIW, I never noticed any grammar mistakes you've made.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joke 'em if they can't take a f**k...

A long time ago I complained to my mom about her atrocious spelling and grammar in her letters to me.

Her reply was that I could get the letters as they were, or not get the letters at all.

I'd rather read your posts than anything by the grammar police.

So... Tell the grammar police to engrave it on boiler plate and file it appropriately.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home