A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A New/Old Offering from S&W

About a year ago, S&W put out their Thunder Ranch Special (TR21) revolver, a collaboration with Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch fame. Many wheelgun nuts disliked the looks of this revolver, much to Clint Smith's chagrin. He called detractors turdsuckers in his Reality Check column in American Handgunner. To his credit, Clint responded to a thread concerning the gun and the name calling on the S&W Forum. A while back, I wrote my own post on this issue.

Anyway........... It looks like S&W was listening. Here is a pic of the S&W 22-4, recently released. Yes, it does have the wormhole lock, but the rest is so well executed that many wheelgun fans will be heading to the order desk.

Thank you Smith & Wesson. Well done!

More pics and discussion on this revolver can be found on this thread.
Thank you S&W44 for allowing me to use your photo.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one of the S&W Thunder Ranch 21-4 .44 Specials. Looks like the new 22-4 will make a nice companion gun. Now as to funding this purchase ...

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really sweet S&W. I'm amazed they're using a square butt.

- Les

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A "clinton" lock S&W... I'm starting to think the lock is a good idea!!! I can lock it rather than unload it when I put it down!!!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home