Reasons I Like a J Frame in My Pocket
2. I never have to wonder if a round is chambered.
3. It will fire with the muzzle pressed into ribs.
4. There is no safety to disengage.
5. I never have to worry about keeping it covered.
6. I can discreetly have my hand on my gun while assessing a situation.
My old beat up Smith & Wesson Model 38 wears grips that were given to me by a patient who was a State Trooper. I once compared it to a modern S&W scandium gun at the gun counter, and it was every bit as light in the informal lefty righty hand heft test. The bodyguard style frame rides in a pocket superbly, and cannot snag on the draw.
I will often carry a 1911 if I take time to strap on a holster, and have a cover garment. All to often, I just take the little J frame from the hook it hangs on in it's holster, slip in my pocket and go.