A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

San Francisco Goes CEZ

A thousand thugs are thrilled this morning.
San Francisco is now officially a Criminal Empowerment Zone.

Whereas Florida recently recognized the right to life for crime victims, the good people of Golden Gate City have empowered the criminal.

The new legislation bars residents from keeping handguns in their homes or businesses. It also prohibits the sale, manufacture and distribution of any firearms or ammunition in San Francisco, where residents have bought nearly 22,000 handguns since 1996, according to the state attorney general's office. The NRA/ILA already has vowed to challenge San Francisco.

There are just three licensed gun dealers in San Francisco, according to the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Two of those are auction houses that deal mostly with antique weapons. Workers at the city's only retail gun store, High Bridge Arms in the Mission District, refused to speak to the press.

A San Francisco police spokesman, said a concealed-weapons permit was required to carry a gun outside one's home or business in the city. Police have issued just 10 of those permits. Current and former law enforcement officers were exempt from that requirement. One is city resident Jack Hart, who spent six years as a California Highway Patrol officer until a motorcycle accident forced him to retire in 1963. He said he generally carries his .357-caliber handgun with him for protection and doesn't think the ban will be allowed to stand. "Only the lawful people will be deprived," he said while at the Pacific Rod and Gun Club in San Francisco. "The others, it won't affect them at all."

San Francisco's Pink Pistols, a gay and lesbian gun-rights group, also opposes the initiative and is organizing a letter-writing campaign to the Board of Supervisors, spokesman Tom Boyer said. "Outlawing handguns would raise crime," he said. "A handgun is a very useful defensive tool."

No kidding.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how angry I am. I'm a 22 year old crack dealer and operate just off Market and 6th. I also do a bit of pimpin'. You say that's illegal??? I don't give a fuck.

I always carry a lot of cash, usually 5 or 6 thousand dollars in my pocket. But I'm a cheap bastard, I admit it. If I want something I see in a store, I usually just fuckin steal it. People don't fuck with me, cause they know I'm packing. I just lift up my shirt a bit so they can get a glimps of it in my waistband. That works all the time. It's a nice stainless Ruger .357 mag. Small, but real easy to draw and packs a major fuckin' punch... 5 punches in fact. And I'll deny it in court, but I've had to use it... it's gotten me out of trouble a few times.

But now I've got a problem. You see, I'm still gunna deal crack and women, but now I can't carry my Ruger. What the fuck am I gunna do now that it's illegal to have a gun? Carry a freeking baseball bat? A lead pipe? I don't want to get into trouble by having a gun... I mean shit, it's illegal!!!! I don't want to break the gun law!!! Guess I'll just have to get a big fuckin knife. 'Cause if I get popped by the cops while I'm dealing dope and pussy, I don't want to have a gun on me.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home