A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, December 16, 2005

My 5 Weirdest Habits.

Dam Tam.......

#1... I get paid every two weeks, but I pick up my check a week late. This is a holdover from when I was stationed at Atsugi Japan and over 10000 people all got paid at the same time and used the same bank. The long lines were absent on the off weeks. To this day it drives my employer nuts and makes them believe I really don't need that check after all. That's a distinct advantage.

#2... When I get junk mail with a prepaid envelope, I tear it up and sent it back in that envelope. Sometimes I sent extra. One time I taped the envelope to a brick.

#3... I always ask patients if there is anything else they need before I leave. This is often a mistake, but I have yet to stop doing it.

#4... I wake up at 4:30 AM just so I can be lazy drinking coffee in my house shoes before going to work.

#5... I will play devil's advocate for the sport of it. I do this to check the validity of my own position, and anyone who has me doing this to them should feel honored that I have deemed them a worthy adversary. They often just get pissed and shake their heads in disgust.

Now....I tag PawPaw, LDF, and redmemory1. The curse continues.....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've mailed bricks like that. I wonder if they get there or if the post office just chucks them.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On #2, you're not alone.

-SayUncle

1:20 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

I ran across an entire website dedicated to messing with junk mailers.

1) Get junk mail
2) Get Box
3) Get old car tire
4) Package neatly
5) Mail

The junk mailers end up getting the postal service to deny your prepaid mail.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home