A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Pawn Shop Circuit: Security Six

Dave had brought out a Ruger Security Six in decent condition to add to a selection of rotisserie guns on his shelf. I looked it over a bit, it was in fair shooter shape, but for me, a bit overpriced at $189. I'm a Smith & Wesson type guy, and all I could think of was $189 would buy a decent M&P at Dave's counter. So, I let the Security Six go back under the glass. It will afford someone else .357 magnum protection, and at a good price too!

Neil still had the same selection, along with the jazz guitars from 'Nawlins.

Amber still had her Glock 26 in the case, as well as the Taurus .38 special. Nothing new.

I drove past a couple of other pawnshops, and I thought about stopping, but I did not. I do that fairly frequently. There are over 20 pawn shops in my town. I suppose it's a sign of the times. I only frequent three. Whether it's the overpriced stock, the surly attitudes behind the counter, or the simple prolonged lack of worthwhile guns, I have pretty much stopped looking elsewhere.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Pawpaw said...

When you go to the well enough times and find it dry, you learn to pass by those wells.

That said, the Ruger was a heck of a deal for around here at $189. If I could find one for that money, I'd snap it up. The Ruger Security Six is a heck of a revolver.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

Conversely, I wouldn't buy a Security Six even if it was $50.

Not that I don't think it's a fine revolver, but I personally collect Smiths.

I'd definitely get on the horn and tell a few folks where a good deal on a Ruger was to be found, however...

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! $189 for a 4" barreled Sec.6 and it'd come home with me on the spot...

Then again, I've got an unreasonable fondness for the Sec.6, being that a 6" barreled version was the first gun I ever bought...

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home