A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, December 19, 2005

Truth

Morgan Freeman may soon be ostracised from the Hollywood elite, having uttered truth in a 60 minutes interview with Mike Wallace.

He says he finds Black History Month “ridiculous.”
“You're going to relegate my history to a month?” asks Freeman. “I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history,” he says, noting that there are no white or Jewish history months.

How can we get rid of racism?
“Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man,” Freeman says to Wallace. “And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You wouldn't say, ‘Well, I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.’ You know what I'm sayin’?”

Read the interview

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

redmemory,
it's "reeks", as in "foul stink" and i firmly agree with both you and mr. freeman. "wreaks" is an "action" word, e.g. "hurricanes wreaked havoc on the southern coast."

7:53 AM  
Blogger Bubba Warbucks said...

The message to be taken away from the interview is that racism will stop being a problem once we *stop talking about it*.

History is a lesson to be learned, not a crime to be punished forever - especially for those of us whose families were never involved.

BW$$

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home