A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Airsoft 1911A1



This is pretty damned cool! For $20 I might have to pick one up!

From Shorty USA's FAQ:

Are there any metal parts on this gun?
Yes. The trigger and nose cowling are metal.

Does it have a working hammer?
Yes, it does have a working hammer.

Does it have a locking slide?
No. Like most UHC guns the 1911 does not have a locking slide.

The prospect of being able to train with a replica of my carry gun within my own home is just to attractive. I ordered the airsoft 1911 pistol along with a sticky target this morning. Expect a comprehensive range report.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I got into airsoft before I got into guns. Imagine about two dozen freshmen carring airsoft guns in their pants to the cafeteria, and you'll get a good idea of why they were banned on my campus.

You do understand you have to rack the slide for each shot, right?

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you have to rack the slide for each shot. It's a pain in the neck. It's great for chasing your buddies around and shooting each other (the pellets hurt just enough that you don't want to get hit, but if you were eye protection, they won't do any damage) But for practice, I'd get one of the more expensive ones that are gas powered or have a battery to cock the spring.

That being said, it's a great thing to have around (be careful, the pellets are very hard on vacuum cleaners) to shoot whenever you feel like it.

Nate

11:42 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I put mine in a closet when we moved into this apartment and got married, but got it back out when the cat took a liking to the Christmas tree and was no longer impressed with the squirt bottle.

It only took a couple of shots. Now she runs whenever she sees me handle ANY handgun, airsoft or not.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Firehand said...

I had one, until I wore it out. Good for practice in the living room.

You just reminded me, I need to find a replacement.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home