A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dealing with Gunsmiths

A gunsmith is a rare mixture of Orville Wright, Henry Ford, and Raphael. They come as ill tempered as a rattklesnake with esophageal errosion, and as patient as Martha Stewart's contractor. The choice is yours. Disposition is not an indicator of skill. A good gunsmith is a jewel.
Michael Bane has written an excellent User's Guide to Gunsmiths. If you are considering hiring a 'smith to customize your piece, give it a read. Hell, give it a read anyway!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

If you ever get to visit my beloved, adopted state of Utah, I'll take you to see John M. Browning's original gunsmith shop. Its all been transported and put into a JMB gun museum just 2 miles across town from me. Then we'll go shooting!

I may have to take my brother for a trip to the museum next month.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home