A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Evidence of Gunfire

I see patients in the worst parts of some of the most depressed economic areas in the United States. Not much surprises me anymore.

Today, as I was getting out of my nursing assault vehicle to see a patient, I noticed a gleam on the blacktop. I bent over and picked up a beat up .40 caliber shell casing. Then I noticed another and another. These casings had been in the street for a while, and obviously had been run over by automobiles a few times.
It made me wonder........was that .40 caliber weapon fired to settle a score, to protect a life, or to celebrate the new year? In that neighborhood, one possibility is as likely as the other.

I picked them up and went to see my patient.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

You ah, might not want to try and reload those, friend. I know it's hard to see good brass go to waste, but you have to draw the line somewhere...

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home