A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Gun Show Head Scratcher

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to blog on the up coming gun show. I'd like to do it like the pawn shop circuit, with pics of guns, and maybe the crowds. Unfortunately, that is verbotten by the management.

I thought about sneaking a small digital camera inside, but if I were caught surreptiously taking photos, I could be banned from this and future shows. That's no good. So........I'll likely use images of guns lifted off the web to illustrate what was there. That sucks.

If anyone wants me to gather prices on any particular handgun, then post it here. I will check. Otherwise, I will just post about the ones that interest me, much the same as the pawn shop circuit.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Codrea said...

Just a suggestion, don't know if it will work, but why not approach management, show them your blog and ask if you can attend as a clearly tagged media representative--pledge to only take photos where people are identifiable if you obtain consent from the subjects...maybe even offer them use of the photos for their own pr/advertising...

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camera Phone:-)
There's also some really tiny digital cameras at Walmart that are inexpensive and are about the size as a portable USB memory stick. Slip one of those up your sleeve.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures are nice, but they are really optional. It's the words that explain what we are seeing (or not, in my case) and why it is interesting.

Whatever you do, I bet it'll be fun reading.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, if you come across a mateba autorevolver in .44 for under $800, please post it!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home