A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Modelo Argentino 1927

Dave sold his S&W 686. He still had the Ruger Security Six.

At Neil's place, a door to the back room was left ajar. I stole a peek. Among the shotguns and rifles in hock, Neil had a pegboard on the wall with several interesting handguns hanging in hock. On his hooks was a Ruger .22 pistol, a Ruger centerfire semi-auto, a Smith & Wesson N frame revolver with target grips, and a black plastic something or another. There were several others that I could not identify from the distance I was gazing. All or none of these might make it out to Neil's sales floor. Neil still had the Sig P220 in his case.

At Amber's shop, a Glock something had joined her Walther TPH in the case.

I heard back from Cussin' Bob today. He described markings that read Sist. Colt, Caliber 11.25mm, and Mod.1927. It sounds like his buddy has a Sistema. He's wanting a .38 special snubbie in trade.

A Sistema is a 1911, made in Argentina on Colt equipment, the same as a US Colt was made in 1927. As a matter of fact, one of my carry 1911s is a modified Sistema. They are good guns. The supply of surplus Sistemas has dried up. It's probable no more will ever be imported.

The thing is, I presently own two Sistemas, and am reluctant to give up a good Smith & Wesson snubbie for another one. Smith snubbies without a worm hole lock will not be produced again either. If I could pick up a Charter Arms Undercover for trade fodder though..........

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah shoot.
Talk about the wrong place, wrong time. I'd love to find a sistema.
Hey, you know you can find a snubbie somewhere!

8:06 PM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Everythign I've heard about 'em those Sistemas are that they're very good guns.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got an S&W M36 3", square butt, with Pachmayr grips that I don't need. Where in the world are you? I have a friendly dealer and OT money burning a hole in my pocket. And of course, you can never have too many .45's.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home