A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, January 16, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Tactical Euroguns and Wartime GI Leads

I went on the pawn shop circuit today. I had a coworker, Mark, along for the ride, but he is a shooter, so I figure that is OK.

Dave still had his Smith & Wesson 686, as well as the Ruger Security Six. I was surprised to see these two still languishing on the shelves. The prices are not outrageous, the Ruger is $189, the S&W is $399.

Neil had placed a Sig Sauer P220 in matte black among his tactical wares. Sigs are accurate and reliable weapons, but they just don't do much for me. This one had a worn finish, but appeared to be in good condition. Neil had it tagged at $429, and that seems to be under most of the P220 prices on the auction sites. Perhaps he will sell it.

Amber was closed for Martin Luther King Day.

Shortly before lunch, I recieved a call from an old friend, Cussin' Bob of the Flatland Debate Society. Bob asked me if I had a .38 revolver I would be interested in swapping. I told Bob that all depended on what he had. Bob informed me it wasn't him, but a friend who was wanting to trade a 1911 for a .38 revolver. I asked what kind of 1911. Bob did not know, but he did say the fellow wanting to trade was in his 60's and a fellow gunnie.

This could be good. I don't want to get my hopes up, but Cussin' Bob lives in an area where the CMP is extremely strong still, and a lot of C&R gunnies live. It's about 100 miles away though. I told Bob to get some numbers off the gun, maybe a rubbing of the frame, and give me a call in a couple of days. Whether I trade off one of my .38s or not will really depend on the other gun. It might be an Essex mixmaster, or a prime WWI 1911, who knows? After I explained the situation to Mark over a cup of coffee, Mark suggested he knew where there was a Ruger Security Six that was going for $189 and would make good trade fodder no matter what the 1911 was. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Didja find out what kind of 1911 it was/is? Even an Argie would be kewl. I'd like an early Sig to go with my '45 Swiss K-31, the 1906/29 Lugers cost about the same amount as an old Sig 210 though...

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be willing to trade a .38 for a 1911. What part of the country is the 1911 in?

Perp

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home