A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ugly Thing

About a year ago my wife brought this thing home from a garage sale. I think she paid a dollar for it. I think she got taken.

My wife has brought home some weird stuff, some uncommon stuff, and some things that qualify as unique items. This pronghorn antelope has to be the ugliest damned thing my lovely spouse has dragged home thus far.

I keep it hanging over my desk. It sheds hair occasionally, attracts flies in the summer, and has an uncanny ability to appear to be watching you no matter where you stand in the room. It has one redeeming value. Anytime I bring home an old gun and my wife starts to speak, I just glance at my pronghorn. I think I'm going to name him Archie. He deserves a name. If he sheds any more hair on my desk though, I'm going to pull him down, cut off those horns to make handgun grips out of, and chuck the rest in the trash. Or maybe I'll just shave him. That would be attractive.

So, what is the ugliest damned thing your spouse or significant other has brought into your home?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her sister.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home