A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Dick Cheney Shoots Fellow Hunter

Apparently Vice President Cheney failed to hold his fire as his shotgun bead crossed his hunting partner's upper torso and face. Harry Whittington, 78, a millionaire attorney from Austin Texas, is "alert and doing fine" in a Corpus Christi hospital after he was shot by Cheney at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, while hunting quail with the VP on Saturday. Excuses are already being made for Cheney's negligence, right down to the ranch owner stating "This is something that happens from time to time. You know, I've been peppered pretty well myself."

Rule #4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

edited to add: The Smoking Gun has the accident report.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Idiots with guns?

I personally like Cheney, but there aren't many excuses for... shooting someone.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

My knee jerk reaction was to call Dick an idiot. I have never liked him from the time I served under him as Secretary of Defense. I'm not a quail hunter though, so I do not know of whence I speak really........
Truth be told, I am learning about the dangers of quail hunting in this thread at the Firing Line. http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199536

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd still rather hunt with Dick Cheney than take a drive with Ted Kennedy...

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care for Cheney either. But its fairly common for inexperienced hunters to have a few pellets come close to fellow hunters.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It also is fairly common for someone acting as though they are an experienced hunter to make comments that show their ignorance. The ranch owner was entirely correct. These accidents happen frequently when quail hunting. The news outlets are just not interested when there are no people of note involved.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home