A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, February 17, 2006

Gun Show!

I got a call from Cussin' Bob last night asking me if I was going to the gun show this weekend. I hadn't heard of any gun show, and I am on call Saturday and Sunday anyway. I told Bob that I would try to make it, and wondered how he got information that I did not yet have. Bob is a resourceful fellow, but he could have gotten his information from Jim Beam too.

Well, this morning as I drank my coffee and watched the Hog Report on TV, there it was. A commercial for a gun show put on by the local police department to raise money for the widows and orphans fund, among other charities. In many states, law enforcement groups have gun buy back and melt down programs. They seek to rid the populace of the evil influence of firearms. In enlightened and free North Louisiana, they have gun shows. Sometimes my region of the world just makes me smile.

This police sponsored gun show is my favorite. I don't know how I fell out of the loop, but I have to collect up some cash today! I also need to make a plan on how I can cover all these patients as well as visit a gun show. On another note, a severe winter storm watch is going into effect for this weekend. That means ice, sleet, and electrical power loss.............. I guess I'll give Cussin' Bob a call and tell him I'll meet him at the door....... As usual!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hardcore man, hardcore!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No money
Gotta work
Winter blizzard

You are a addict!

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier, I think we're going to different gun shows together... Hittin' a new one tomorrow - this one's hosted by the Shriners. Go figure. With any kind of luck there'll be new gun pr0n in my future... ;)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home