A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Dirty Harry & Diversions

I stopped by Neil's pawn shop this morning. He had finally pulled the big revolver off the peg in the back room and placed it on the for sale shelf. It turned out to be a Dirty Harry Special, the S&W Model 29-3. Neil pulled it out of the case with dollar signs in his eyes. The big N frame was in good shape, with just a little blue gone from the muzzle of it's eight and 3/8 inch barrel. It locked up tight, and wore the correct target grips. Alas, the 29-3 is not a pinned nor a recessed gun, and the .44 Magnum ammo is a costly diet for this beast. Neil was asking $329. He was looking expectantly at me, and was surprised when I handed the big gun back.

Neil still had his Astra Constable. I asked if the crazy woman trying to sell her husband's junk gun had come back. Neil said she had not. I got the feeling Neil was waiting on me to toss out an offer on the Model 29, so I bid him goodbye, and began to drive to Dave's place. On the way, I was diverted to a patient in need. I did not get to see Dave or Amber today.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ride Fast said...

Hi Xavier, nice site you got here, I check it almost daily.

You said "Alas, the 29-3 is not a pinned nor a recessed gun..."

What does pinned or recessed mean?

Thanks,
Fodder
ridenshoot.blogspot.com

7:01 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/12/pinned-recessed.html

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$329 for a 8 3/8" barreled Model 29? I would have whipped out the credit card so fast my wallet would have gotten whiplash...

Heck, I almost paid $200 more than that for a 6" barreled 29 at the gun show last weekened...

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home