A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Kel Tec and Wolverine

I walked into Neil's place this morning, half expecting him to be pissed off over the deal I got on the SW1911. He was not. Instead, he was happy he had quickly made money selling it. He made money quickly both ways dealing with that pistol. Neil had also sold the Smith & Wesson Model 29-3 over the weekend. I was not upset. It was not a P&R gun, and .44 Magnum is a caliber I do not shoot. A wheelgun accumulator has to draw his lines somewhere. Neil had also sold the Inox Beretta Centurion. I gave Neil $100 towards my layaway. Neil had added a KelTec P40 to his line-up, and it was tempting at $179. I have several .40S&W guns that hardly ever get shot though, and I worry about an overpressure round in such a gun.

Dave had a Ruger 22/45 in the case with his Colt Army Special. The Ruger was $179. The Colt was still overpriced. Dave had two "Wolverine" type knives in his gun case for $25 each. I commented that they were about the most wasteful use of cold steel I had ever seen. Dave said he hopes a couple of Goth kids will happen in and take them off his hands. He agreed, there is no accounting for taste.

Amber still had her remaining Charter Arms Undercover. She had added a Taurus revolver in 32 long to it, priced at $139.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It was not a P&R gun..."

Newbie question: What does "P&R" mean?

Thanks.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/12/pinned-recessed.html

12:37 AM  
Blogger AlanDP said...

When I first saw your title, I thought you had found another Whitney! I was thinking, "how much luck can one guy have?"

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 'a href' tag can be used to create a link in the comments...

The "P&R" link would then look like this...

10:48 AM  
Blogger Les Jones said...

Heh. I saw those Wolverine blades in the CheaperThanDirt catalog just last night. I'm sure the world will be tossing out their Swiss army knives, tacticaly folders, and stockmen any day now to carry them.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Dr. StrangeGun said...

If all overpressure rounds fail like that in the P40, it's fairly safe. Most other guns blow the mag out, splinter the grips, damage hands, etc... looks like the P40 vents it all out the front.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home