A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, February 17, 2006

The Pawn Shop Circuit: Undercover Off Duty

I had the chance to stop by Amber's shop for a moment today. She had a Charter Arms Undercover in her case, along with a Charter Arms Off Duty. She thought I might be interested, but I passed on these two. Amber asked if one of these might be good for a concealed carry gun. I told her that in my opinion, in the position she was in, she should pick up the next Smith J frame that came through instead. When the Undercover came out in 1964, it set the standard for the smallest, lightest steel framed revolver in the world, with the fewest moving parts. It became the darling of Rookie policemen who were strapped for cash. It was and is a reliable gun. It isn't a Smith though, and a used Smith can be had for almost the same money.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my 442 for pocket carry.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I love my S&W 340 for any kinda carry. Haven't tried a belly band yet, but with warm weather coming I'm sorely tempted.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home