A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Cussin' Bob's Gun: Peanuts

I drove out to Cussin' Bob's place tonight to talk to him about his Sistema.
Bob had been wanting me to build up his Argentine 1911 similar to my own. After looking over Bob's gun, I saw it wore the original blue finish. It would be a shame to cut up such a gun, and I voiced my reservations. Bob agreed, and we decided to build a "sleeper" Sistema rather than a pistol like mine.
What Bob's gun will receive is a properly fitted Wilson barrel and bushing, and a top flight trigger job. I will replace all the springs and possibly trim the edge off the wide spur hammer if it bites Bob. We might put on some rubber double diamond grips, and a Wilson 47D magazine. Bob gave me my first installment (I work for peanuts) and I took the pistol home.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Nice plan!! I love the Q-ship, it's kinda what I was thinking of doing to my old Colt - fix it up without revealing anything.

11:53 AM  
Blogger CussinBobsDaughter said...

LOL i remember back when my Daddy actualy looked like the picture on the package.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home