A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dust My Broom

Another visual meme has begun at Ride Fast Shoot Straight. It's a series of pics of "mantle guns". Wall hangers. Display weaponery.

My first example is a Mauser 1896 Broom proudly displayed and gathering dust with my grandfather's helmet from the war to end all wars.

The other is an SMLE my wife bought at a gunshow years ago. She loves the old C&R rifles, and actually will pay more for a beat up example. She says those have more character. I try to teach, I really do......... She shot this old warhorse several times before she hung it up. To the amazement of a group of hunters scoping in their deer rifles, the little lady with the old Lee-Enfield was popping bullseyes with open sights at 50 yards.


If you have a mantle gun or wallhanger, snap a pic of it and link it to Ride Fast Shoot Straight.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

When you're getting established, it's "Practical Guns Only"... an AR is next, but it may be a while.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's no smellie (SMLE), it looks like a late model no4, with the sear pivoted on the butt socket. no wonder it shoots so well

8:18 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

I stand corrected then...... I am not a C&R rifle guru, and when it comes to the variants of this type, I have always been at a loss!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home