A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dust My Broom

Another visual meme has begun at Ride Fast Shoot Straight. It's a series of pics of "mantle guns". Wall hangers. Display weaponery.

My first example is a Mauser 1896 Broom proudly displayed and gathering dust with my grandfather's helmet from the war to end all wars.

The other is an SMLE my wife bought at a gunshow years ago. She loves the old C&R rifles, and actually will pay more for a beat up example. She says those have more character. I try to teach, I really do......... She shot this old warhorse several times before she hung it up. To the amazement of a group of hunters scoping in their deer rifles, the little lady with the old Lee-Enfield was popping bullseyes with open sights at 50 yards.

If you have a mantle gun or wallhanger, snap a pic of it and link it to Ride Fast Shoot Straight.



Blogger Paul Simer said...

When you're getting established, it's "Practical Guns Only"... an AR is next, but it may be a while.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's no smellie (SMLE), it looks like a late model no4, with the sear pivoted on the butt socket. no wonder it shoots so well

8:18 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

I stand corrected then...... I am not a C&R rifle guru, and when it comes to the variants of this type, I have always been at a loss!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link