A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Off Center Recoil Plug Hole

It seems the internet problem du jour for the Colt 1911 is an off center recoil plug hole. Many owners are suddenly discovering this problem on their Colts that they never saw before. Many are sending their pistols in to Hartford for repair or replacement. Colt has a representative, Mark, on the 1911 Forum who is responding to the problem.

I have not yet checked my Colts. I am almost afraid to. I've never had to send a gun back. I suppose I'll take a look this afternoon. Call me an ignorant old fart blinded by prancing ponyshit, but I still prefer Colts.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought a 10 year old like new 1991a1 ORM and I think I forgot to check that..it's still on 10 day wait. My other 10 yr old colt is fine.

When you charge top dollar, you can't do that kind of machining.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo... Is this a bad thing or just cosmetic?

It seems from some of the folks on that thread, that it's not necessarily a bad thing...

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home