A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: A SXS and a Snake

Neil had nothing new out. The stainless ORM Colt was still gone, so it was either purchased or some money was paid on it. I saw a NRM version of the same pistol, NIB at the gun show over the weekend, for $710. A young black lady was hocking a side by side shotgun at Neil's place. It looked pretty decent, and it made me think about this thread on The High Road. Neil still had not sold his reblued and bobbed.455 Hand Ejector.

Over at Dave's, the selection was still low as well. He had some kind of Taurus .357 magnum in the case with a Firestar something or another. Dave still had both the Colt Army Special and the Colt Police Positive Special.

When I walked up to Amber's show case, I thought I saw a Python at first. The revolver in question turned out to be a Colt Diamondback with a 4 inch barrel. Amber was wanting $249 for it. I really did not need it, but I recalled that the Diamondback was going for nearly $500 in price. I did the Jim March Revolver Checkout and everything checked out good. I could not resist, the snake had bit me. I put the Diamondback on layaway.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post from February on pregnancy and shooting ranges. I did a google search that pulled up your post. I am pregnant (21 weeks), and last Sunday I attended an indoor shooting range with my husband. We were hesitant, and I almost called my doctor before going, but we thought we were being overly paranoid...like we are with most things. Hindsights, after research...I feel so terrible about going. I was only thinking about the possibility of noise. I didn't even think about lead exposure, and now I'm totally freaking out. I've phoned my doctor, and I'm waiting for a call. Do you think less than one hour of exposure could be extremely harmful? Help!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Stop freaking out. There is little that can be done now. Chances are, you and baby will be fine. Indoor ranges are required to have HEPPA filtration or something similar. Good luck with your baby, hang in there.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad the Colt Detective Special isn't a "snake", 'cuz I'd be able to claim I got a fake snake...

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's one for your Idiots With Guns... now showing on http://www.thedonovan.com/

http://www.fototime.com/367C24AB188FFE0/standard.jpg

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

XB,

I'm addicted to your pawnshop tales, and the Diamondback will keep me coming for more!!

Pics please when you get it home

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

XB,

I'm addicted to your pawnshop tales, and the Diamondback will keep me coming for more!!

This is better then browsing the Gun Digest.

Pics, please, when you get it home.

Striker

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home