A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Show Your Carry Gun

A couple of months back, there was a thread on one of the forums that challenged members to just unholster their present carry gun, snap a photo and post it. The results were revealing. Here are a couple of my pics.
Carry guns lead a tough life getting banged and bumped where other guns never do. Many people try to hide the hard earned scars of their guns. That's a shame. Thus, I am starting a visual meme. That's right, participate now, curse me later!

I challenge my readers who have their own blog and a camera to unholster their carry gun right now, snap a photo, and post it, linking to this page. Show the world that a gun does not have to be perfect to be beautiful! Don't make me have to tag you!

FWIW, this beauty is a Smith & Wesson Model 38.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Alpineman, RN said...

Done & linked.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Dr. StrangeGun said...

Uh... well, I don't carry everyday, just in the shop. That's the problem with having a primary job that doesn't allow carry, by law.

So as a result, all the ones I carry on any given day... my Bulgi mak, CZ75B compact, 66-1, and particularly my 342PD... look like new. 4 hours a day 5 days a week. *shrug*

12:58 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I wanna play.

3:31 PM  
Blogger AnarchAngel said...

Ayup, done, linked, and gone overboard with.

Don't leave home without them

I'd been meaning to write up a carry gun post for a while now and this was the catalyst.

5:58 PM  
Blogger trainer said...

Here yer go....

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sterno said...

I'll play.

Clickey here!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Pawpaw said...

Done, and linked

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done and done. As ye ask, so shall ye receive...

11:05 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

Too late for me tonight but I'll catch up with you guys before the weekend.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Porta's Cat said...

The Cathouse: My Two Little-est Ladies, One Italian and One American

10:29 AM  
Blogger Firehand said...

Here 'tis:
http://elmtreeforge.blogspot.com/2006/04/show-your-carry-gun-says-xavier.html

3:53 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Blob said...

http://cowboyblob.blogspot.com/2006/04/show-us-your-gats.html

9:01 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Here she is, dust bunnies and all

8:45 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Xavier, you've gotten a huge response from this. You should do a gallery post with everyone's submissions.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Paul,
That's a great idea!

7:44 AM  
Blogger miss fluffy said...

Here's mine...

http://shay-nunsshenanigans.blogspot.com/2006/04/alpineman-would-be-proud.html

Great idea! I linked a blog that linked yours... it made sense at the time, but I probably should have linked directly to you. sorry about that - let's see if I can fix it. =)

12:02 AM  
Blogger a faith bigger than fear said...

Said, done and linked... my Glock 19. Port'as Cat has a few more pics showing for me. Great idea...!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home