A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cussin' Bob's Gun Returns Home

I drove back out to Cussin' Bob's Flat Creek Debate Society today for a visit and some fine outdoor dining. The usual crew was on hand to argue the issues in the news from the price of gasoline to Nancy Pelosi. Hot wings, sausage, and steaks were grilling, and a taco casserole was ready to be consumed.

I was also returning Bob's 1911. I had installed a new Wilson Combat barrel in it. I had also given Bob's old Sistema a trigger job and fitted Nowlin springs. It was now a tack driving pistol that looked like a 70 year old beater. Bob kind of liked that.

Bob shot the gun a bit and he seemed pleased. I asked him to shoot about 300 rounds through it before tearing it down again, because I wanted the barrel, bushing and slide to polish themselves against each other. Once Bob has done that, I will tear it down, check the wear patterns, make adjustments if necessary, and put it all back together.

Bob was pleasantly surprised at the barrel fit, as well as the accuracy the pistol displayed.

After shooting several magazines of ammo, we returned to the pavilion to debate Kennedy driving skills and the function of potassium in the Na+/K+-ATPase cycle. All in all, it was a great afternoon with plenty of good food and good debate to go around. I hope Bob is happy with his pistol.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Xavier,

Your level of knowledge in guns has taught me so many things in the months I have been reading your blog. (on a daily basis)

You level of expertise is amazing.
Keep up the good work!

~Tim

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cussin' Bob looks like a happy man!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home