A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Things I Learned In Surgery This Week.

1. All stains show on surgical green.

2. There isn't anything wrong with the bouffant head covering......I think.

3. Get the job done and bitch about it later.

4. It pays to know the layout of the supply room.

5. The seat of my pants might still be airborne while my ass is on the ground.

6. Name badge goes on a lanyard so it stays out of the laundry.

7. Crocs are not all they are cracked up to be.

8. Learn to recognize your co-workers by their eyes. Earrings work good too.

9. Wear a waterproof apron during cystoscopy.

10. It is all about the patient. Period.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Looks like there might be a pretty funny (in hindsight :) story behind one or two of those.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuckle..yeah, I recognize most of those...

Just for kicks, where in Northern Louisiana do you work?

feel free to email me directly, but I suspect that we have some mutual friends...and while I'm in St Louis now, I'd be happy to help with one of your 'teaching shoots' if I'm back in town at the time.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

11. Don't borrow a pair of scrubs to take home for use as pajamas. You don't want to subconsciously associate scrubs and sleep while at work.

12. Even though your loved ones ask you about your day at work, they don't want to hear too much detail about the insides of other people's bodies at the dinner table.

(Via my ex-SO)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home