A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, June 23, 2006

Lowering the Price of the SW1911

A reader in Kalamazoo was quickest on the draw and purchased the laser grips from my SW1911 for $200. lick to enlarge Thus the overall cost of this pistol has dropped to a more affordable $459. I was hoping for that when I placed the pistol on lay away months ago.

Serendipidy was the order of the day, as CDNN had the S&W logo rubber double diamond grips on sale. I ordered a set for $12.99 along with a Chip McCormick trigger and a few other parts to make the shipping worthwhile. I like the CMC trigger, as it is adjustable both for pre-travel and over-travel. I slicked things up a bit, and dropped it in. I did have to refit the grip safety tang to make it operate correctly with the more precise trigger. Other than that, it was a job as easy as a detail strip.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home