A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Tent Sale Remington

Neil was having a tent sale this morning, and I had promised to go by. He had beaucoup tools and electronics outside under the tent, but inside he had discounted a slew of shotguns as well. It seems Louisiana's shotgun migration has once again hit homeostasis, and they are clogging up the pawn shop shelves.

I asked Neil to show me his cheapest shotgun, and he handed over a Remington 870 Express Magnum, marked down from $139 to $69. That was to much to bear. It was in good shape with the usual wear patterns one would expect from more storage than shooting. I have always eschewed Remingtons for the Mossberg or Winchester pumps. I just like the location of the safety and slide release better. For seventy bucks though, it's the perfect shotgun to have on hand as a beater or trade fodder. For seventy simolians you cannot lose. I asked for a 4473.........

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Porta's Cat said...

70 green is good for most anything that shoots, if you have it to spend.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a point in your collection where you reach critical mass and must sell or trade off?

I have several 870's and unless it was a light countour sporting, I woulda passed on it myself.

Of course trading/transfer is easier in your locale, but jeeeze..control yourself :)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Lucky dog.

That would make a good trunk gun.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home