A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Tomcats and Zit Locks

After work today, I drove over to see what Dave had on his shelf. His old Colt Army Special was gone. Dave said someone had placed it on lay away. The Bubbadized Victory Model was gone too. Left in the display case was a Smith & Wesson 4516 and a Glock 30. Dave was wanting $399 for the Austrian and $429 for the Smith. I'm betting he sells the Tupperware first.

The afternoon was young, so I went to check out Neil's inventory next. Neil had a Glock 26 with the box for $329. That won't last long. He also had a Beretta 3032 Tomcat with a tip-up barrel for $179. A Smith & Wesson 686 with a Hogue grip and a zit lock in the side was up for grabs at $399. I have a thing about lawyer influenced design, so I didn't even ask to see the 686.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger AnarchAngel said...

Hell, a nice 4" 686 for $400... I can live with the zit lock.

1:24 AM  
Blogger AlanDP said...

I think I would've had to grab that Tomcat.

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my 4" 586, I wouldn't mind having a 4" 686 to go with it.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Guys, don't talk me into one of those guns! I don't need 'em!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the zit lock. I'm even offended by the hammer-zit lock Taurus is sticking us with.

I'll never own a gun with a locking device that can't be completely exorcised from the gun. It's unneccessary and insulting.

But you should totally buy the 4516. :)

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home