A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Where Has Xavier Been?

I was hospitalized until Monday night at 6PM for acute gastritis brought on by a turkey wrap I ate for lunch on Friday. By midnight Friday I had severe projectile vomiting, and by 8AM Saturday morning I no longer cared whether I was hospitalized or not. Severely dehydrated, I allowed my wife to take me in for some IV fluids since I could not get them any other way. Unfortunately I was admitted. By Sunday I was ready to leave, but I had to stay until released by the MD on Monday night.

Yep, I was pissed. Nope, I won't do that again.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay. That stuff ain't no joke.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sign yourself out against Dr.'s orders - what're they going to do, arrest you?

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just dealt with the same thing two weeks ago. I didn't even realize the human body could hold as much water as I expelled..

7:28 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Sign yourself out against Dr.'s orders - what're they going to do, arrest you?

If a patient leaves AMA (against medical advice) insurance will not pay....I was a financial hostage. Next time I'll just go to the OR and hook myself up.......

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed your words. Glad you're back.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Zendo Deb said...

That doesn't seem right... if insurance is going to pay for an extra 2 days in the hospital, they should insist that doctors work on Sunday.

Why couldn't someone have signed you out on Sunday? It would have benefited everyone (except the hospital).

If you had gone in Friday night, would you have been admitted? or would they have released you on Saturday?

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're ok.

I was starting to get worried. Unfortunately, I don't know what I could have possibly done from a couple thousand miles away...

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

getting really sick is always a good way to get a start on some decent weight loss numbers.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were starting to wonder where you were!! Glad to hear your feeling better.

12:16 AM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Ouch, I know what that's like, a couple times. Glad to see you're feeling better now.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Alpineman, RN said...

Glad you're back. You've gotta admit -- blogging beats projectile vomiting any day!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home