A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Almost a Model 10-6

I caught wind of an old revolver to be sold at an estate sale this weekend, and I drove over tonight to view it. It was a nice Model 10-6 heavy barrel, with a D prefix on the serial number. I swung out the cylinder to verify it was unloaded. The trigger was sweet. I have had a hankering for a heavy barreled Model 10, if for no other reason than to round out my Model 10 accumulation. My wife was browsing through the vintage bric-a-brac as I asked the seller what she wanted for the Smith. She stated she was entertaining offers at this time. I removed two Franklins from my billfold and replied I would buy tonight if she was willing. She bit her lip and said she would have to wait. I placed the cash back in my wallet, handed her the revolver, and went to find my wife. She had found some Irish linen. I came home empty handed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Bummer.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier-

I enjoy your interesting blog and share your common-sense approach to gun collecting as well as your passion for K-frames. You're a lucky guy, in my neck-o-the-woods (DFW), the price of old Smiths has gone through the roof--$300 seems to be the new baseline for a clean Model 10, though I did recently snag a Model 15 w/honest holster wear for $220. I performed Jim March's revelover checkout, can't wait to shoot it!

Keep up the good work.

Cowtown Keith

7:12 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

I'm just waiting for that to happen here Keith. It's inevitable. That's one reason I'm buying while i can........

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home