A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Blogiversary

My blog began a year ago today, in the wake of hurricane Katrina. Law and order had failed in New Orleans, and citizens were being stripped of their means of self protection, loaded into military vehicles and shipped elsewhere against their will. Eddie Compass, Warren Riley, Ray Nagin and Jack Strain began widespread gun confiscations. The SAF and NRA were not yet acting on the most significant threat to gun owners since the massacre in Lexington Massachusetts on April 18,1775.

A lot has changed. Laws have been passed specifically forbidding confiscations in the future. The men governing those areas remain the same, however, with the exception of Eddie Compass who fell on his sword for his buddy Ray. I'm still blogging, although the subject matter is not as urgent. I've tried to remain a blog about guns. But enough history. It seems gun bloggers have a tradition of buying a gun on their blogiversary. I'm not sure if that is true. Can anyone confirm?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger AlanDP said...

Mr. Completely calls it BBAGA.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Hobie said...

I say you should QUIT buying guns. Your darn posts have "made" me buy a 34-1 (so far) and replace at least 2 keyboards.

Yeah, I read you every day. I'm not certain what that says about me. Maybe I should buy a gun today...

8:21 AM  
Blogger Keith Walker said...

Happy anniversary and let us know what you buy. ;-)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Monica Ricci said...

Ooooh if there are new guns involved, that means I need to check to see when MY Blogiversary is!! Woohoo!

~Monica

11:00 AM  
Blogger The Old Man said...

Maybe just a new-to-me gun for the first blogoversary....

4:35 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

"It seems gun bloggers have a tradition of buying a gun on their blogiversary. I'm not sure if that is true. Can anyone confirm?"


Yup, it's true. That's when I picked up my Venezuelan Mauser. :)

You're a daily read for me; keep up the good writin'! :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Zendo Deb said...

You seem to buy an awful lot of guns... more than my budget allows...

Go for it.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Mr. Completely said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!

You not only get to buy a gun, you get to buy lots of ammo for it, then take the day off and spend the day at the range! If your boss has a problem with that, tell him that Mr. Completely said it was OK, and if he doesn't thinks so, he can contact me directly...... (heh)

....... Mr. C.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Ride Fast said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary. I confess to reading your archives and never paying any attention to the dates.

Your site is pretty much a daily read. Please keep up the good work. You deserve a BBAGA reward.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Ride Fast said...

Wow, a year? That's a blogoverary worth of a BBAGA. You deserve it!

Your site is pretty much a daily read. Thanks and keep up the good work.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Just one year ago? It feels longer then that.

Happy Blogiversary!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

Happy Blogiversay! Huzzah!

Keep up the great work and go buy yourself a gun.

(I'll have to remember BBGA)

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home