A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, September 29, 2006

Idiots With Guns #51



The purpose of Idiots with Guns is not to humiliate, but to educate. Over the years we have seen photos of people who, upon picking up a gun, just cannot resist pointing it at something they should not, with their finger on the trigger. This is usually the camera, another person, or themselves. These photos are often difficult to google up, because of the pages they are shown on. If you have archived any of these photos, feel free to send them in to bayouroversATjamDOTrrDOTcom

The Four Rules
1. All firearms are always loaded
2. Never let the muzzle of a firearm point at anything you are not willing to destroy
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot
4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Porta's Cat said...

the dog is the only one with any sense in that family.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, my,
I thought that poor dog was toast.
I kept waiting for the ND.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the dog is truly the smartest one in the room.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Keith Walker said...

I really wish people could be identified in videos like this and prosecuted. If people can be charged with reckless driving, then why can't they be charged with wreck-less handling of a firearm?

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So do you actually find these people and educate them (via e-mail or sending a link to this entry), or what? If not, you're not educating anyone but everyone who reads your blog..mostly people who already know and practice the four rules.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was waiting for the BOOM!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Cybrludite said...

Geeze. Had someone pointed a weapon at me like that, I'd have shoved it so far up their backside that they'd need a kevlar hankerchief. How stupid can people be? On second thought, don't answer that. I work network suppoert...

1:06 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Cats and dogs don't like sharp mechanical sounds. My mom's dog always cried when dad would chamber a round in his shotgun, and my cat always meows at me when I release the slide on my pistol.

1:54 AM  
Blogger The Mad Hatter said...

My first thoughts were, "Oh f*ck, someone's gonna get a face full of shot," and took off my headphones expecting a report.

Geez, what a dip-dunk.

7:43 PM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

I couldn't bear to watch the whole thing expecting the poor dog to get it. Still shots are one thing, video really brings it home.efikwjqo

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice the large bong on the floor toward the kitchen.

Perpster

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home