A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, September 25, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: A Victory and a Llama

I got off work early today, and I drove over to Kenny's pawn shop to see what he had. Kenny had a Victory Model M&P under the glass that merited consideration. The revolver was in decent enough shape, but it had been blued at some point. The original finish was gone. I was surprised that it still wore it's original grips and had it's lanyard loop intact. This victory model had no US Property markings. This meant it was likely a civil defense gun, and was used stateside to guard wharfs or factories.

If Kenny had priced the revolver right, I might have took it home. Kenny had a $275 tag on it, though. I already have a reblued Victory that lacks the US Property stamp. For almost $300, I do not need another. I am, however, in the market for an original finish Victory Model that is in good shape. I would prefer the martial markings, and US Navy stamps too, if possible. This revolver just did not make the cut.

Kenny also had a Llama Comanche revolver that someone had fitted Smith & Wesson target grips to. He was asking $200 for it. That seemed to be about $100 high to me, although I would not have bought the Llama anyway. The Llama had a trigger that was gritty and inconsistent throughout it's arc. Perhaps it could be cleaned up. Kenny asked me what I thought of it, and I simply replied "Not much." I've never owned a Llama, either as a revolver a pistol, but I have heard stories. Whether those stories have any veracity or not does not concern me. I simply consider that I can find a nice used Smith & Wesson for the same amount of money, perhaps less. Thus, the Llama is not a consideration.

I did not have a chance to visit Neil or Dave.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home