A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Magazines!

I stopped by Dave's pawn shop today to see what he had under the glass. The selection did not impress me much, it was the usual fare of Glocks, with a Sigma thrown in for a bit of spice. I scanned the wall of long guns, trying to spot Leupold scopes on rifles, or extended magazines on shotguns. Then, beside a black basketweave police gun belt behind the counter I spotted a stack of magazines. Wilson Combat magazines. Wilson Combat magazines are the standard by which other 1911 magazines are judged. It has been said that 70-80% of all 1911 failures can be cured with a Wilson magazine. They are that good. Dave had five behind the counter. Four of them even had my preferred low profile base pad.

"Hey Dave," I asked, "How much do you want for those old magazines?"
"You mean these clips?"
"Yeah, those clips......."
"Hmmmmmm, how about five bucks a piece?"
"Heck Dave, all I have is a twenty......"
"That'll do."

Some days, the stars must be aligned!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Keith Walker said...

Just hope he doesn't read this blog. :-)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hester said...

I have also had good luck with Chip McCormick mags. My Springfield Micro Compact would not behave at all with its stock mags, having a FTF every 2-3 magazines, but Wilson and CMC work 100%.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have stories like this. But do you have to have so many so often? Color me green with envy. I also echo Keith's statement.

4:30 PM  
Blogger AnarchAngel said...

Lucky bastard indeed.

4:47 PM  
Blogger zebulonsmith said...

Nice score. Now you can burn through those pricey .45 acp's even quicker.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Joker23 said...

Anyone who calls them 'clips' deserves $4 a piece for them. ;)

Nice find!

11:18 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

If you want to make a profit, I'll give you $6 a "clip"!

9:38 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Great find, BTW.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home