A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, October 09, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: No Guns, No Service

After work today, I drove to Kenny's shop to see what he had on the shelves. He had sold the reblued Victory Model that he had. I'm wanting my next Victory to be in better shape than that one was, preferably with US Property markings. They are, however, getting harder and harder to find. Kenny did not have any other new guns, so I eyeballed the tools. There was nothing new there either.

While I was on Kenny's side of town, I decided to drive over to the pawn shop that had the round butt Model 10 a couple of weeks ago. I had a couple of Franklins in my wallet to offer for it, so I decided to take a chance. a cowbell rang as I walked through the door, announcing my presence. The same sales lady as before looked my way as I approached the gun case. The round butt Model 10 was still in the case, priced at $229. I waited in front of the gun case for several minutes, and I was once again ignored by the young lady behind the counter.

I have heard that there is a gun show coming up this weekend, although I have not seen any signs or advertisments. I decided to just save my money and check the next gunshow. Perhaps I can find a round butt Model 10 with a three inch barrel, a bull barrel, or possibly all three features. I gazed at the Model 10 through the glass, looked at the saleslady across the empty shop, turned, and walked out.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happens all to often at restaurants and, I'm sorry to say, at too many mom-and-pop stores who've hired the local teens.

Don't know if I posted this before, but there aren't many good pawn shops here near Denver. Most just have old and ragged 12 guages, that rattle and might just fall apart (as happened once) as you shake them.Firing Line and Dave's gun shops have a pretty good selection of used guns (found a .22 Varner Favorite from an estate sale), but I finally found a S&W 296 .44 Special at, of all places, Tam's blog (View From the Porch)! Good price, great condition, and as easy to carry as the .38 I usually have with me. There is, obviously, just a bit of recoil. OldeForce

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it a 3" Model 10 with a round butt?

If it is, would you consider e-mailing me the contact info for the store? If they'll do a transfer to my FFL, I'm interested in the gun. I've been looking for just that combo, but all I can find are SB 3" Model 10's.

Email is trebor1415 at hotmail.com

4:25 AM  
Blogger Porta's Cat said...

the fact that the girl will not wait on you fascinates me.

Is your dogma chasing her Karma?

Or did your Karma run over her dogma?

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is probably afraid to touch the guns.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Sterno said...

It never fails to amaze me how rude some people can be. If she's agoraphobic or afraid to touch the guns, I think she's in the wrong business.

Good luck at the gun show.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do that pawn shop's owner a favor, and let him know that his employee sucks at her job.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X ~ you knew right well that the little lady most likely couldn’t do any bartering and could only get the posted price. Is that the real reason for your departure and not the perceived neglect she seemed to show? She was probably hoping you would depart so she didn’t have to handle the firearms…just a thought.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you're talking about Seattle, I'm not surprised. Service overall is really crappy here unless there's a tip involved for the induhvidual providing the service.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home