A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Jeff Cooper on Glocks


"The continued sales triumph of Glock pistols demonstrates the virtues of skillful marketing. The Glock is okay. It is generally reliable, it is comparatively inexpensive, and it is available in respectable calibers. Above all, its aftermarket service is superior. The great part of its sales comes from police departments, where maintenance and quick service are of primary importance. It may not be the best choice for the expert pistolero, but such people are not in the majority."

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what is it about Glocks -- or about "expert pistoleros" for that matter -- that makes them a less than optimum match for each other?

Individual preference is one thing, and it should be respected. When it becomes condescension, even in the form of a backhanded compliment, it should not be.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Porta's Cat said...

I like Glocks.

So does the IDPA.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the SHTF, I want my Glock with me.

Nuff said.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It is true that I am no champion of the Glock pistol, but I think it unseemly to pick on this device when it is obviously satisfactory in most uses."
Jeff Cooper, Cooper's Commentaries, Vol. 6, No. 13 December, 1998

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I carry a Springfield XD -40 cal. and it' probably the weapon that's most similar to a Glock without being one. They're extremely reliable. One guy on my team put 2,400 rounds through his before cleaning it and had ZERO hiccups, not one jam, misfeed, nor misfire. I trust it with my life and my family's life. My best friend is LEO and he carries a Glock 22. He really seems to like it. Some people like to joke around making fun of his Glock calling it a "Block." You have to give the weapon some respect though. I think it's proved itself.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home