A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Going Back

Neil grinned when I walked back through his door today. The round butt three inch Model 65 Ladysmith was still there. I placed $50 down on it, and it went back into the safe on lay away. Neil said "I knew you would be back." Two guns on layaway. I guess he thinks he has my number.

I drove over to Kenny's shop to see what he had out of hock. He had sold both his "ring of fire" guns. In their place, Kenny had placed a Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless Type 1 pistol. Looking up the serial number, this pistol left the Colt factory in 1905. Unfortunately, it had lived a rough life and was pitted and devoid of any finish. The walnut grips were worn smooth and the slide rattled on the frame. The bore resembled a sewer pipe. The good thing about the pistol was it's originality. The bad thing was the price. Kenny had it tagged at $249. It was an interesting pistol. I handed it back to Kenny. Perhaps it is worth two-fifty to someone, but not to me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting link on the ring of fire guns. I'd read little about them, had some idea they were junk.
I've been learning a lot from your blog. Thanks, keep it up!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home