A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Missed Opportunity

I went back by Dave's pawn shop after work today. He told me the Browning 22 Auto rifle had sold right after I looked at it. He also told me he took another one in trade on Saturday, and sold it on Monday for $159. Dave had a Smith & Wesson Model 64 on the shelf with the Llama. I suppose he thought he saw me coming for that one. I looked it over, and it was in fair shape. The cylinder was a little loose, and it wore Pachmayr Presentation grips. Dave had sold the scoped Wesson .44 magnum. He had the Model 64 priced at $279. I decided to leave it in his case with the tag looking at him. Perhaps he will be more careful when he prices the next Smith, and perhaps it will be more desirable. The stainless Smith just did not do much for me. I handed it back.

Over at Neil's shop, a Model 65-5 Ladysmith was in the case. Neil had it priced at $299. It was a nice carry revolver with a round butt and fixed sights. The three inch barrel and Ahrends grips made this .357 into a sweet CCW piece. I thought about it a bit as I went through the Jim March Revolver Checkout on it. The gun checked good, and it had no zit lock, but I am just not a stainless fan. I own a few stainless revolvers, and this was a nice one, but I have to draw a line somewhere. I gave it back to Neil.

Thus, I left two good Smith & Wesson revolvers on the shelf. Hopefully I will spot another undervalued five screw gun soon. Hunting season is upon us, and I expect to see more and more handguns in the cases.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan from Madison said...

Xav, I am interested to know why there would be more handguns in the cases since it is hunting season. Thanks and keep up this great blog.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd expect some people to pawn them to buy guns and ammo for hunting

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home