A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Carjacking Stopped Cold

A Salt Lake City man says his gun saved his life when a man threatened to take his car on December 6,2006. It's a story that adds fuel to the debate over Utah's concealed weapons law. The suspect in this case has not been caught yet. It's probably fair to say he'll think twice before ever threatening to steal someone's car again.

Even when running errands, just like he was doing this morning, Mike Taylor is on guard. Mike Taylor stated "The police have their hands full with everything and I don't think they could be every place at once." So Taylor was ready when, he says, a man threatened to steal his car.

"Finally he told me he was going to kill me and take my car for himself. At that point I felt like he was going to kill me and I feared for my life so I drew my firearm and called police," stated Taylor. He never fired a shot.

Clark Aposhian, Bureau of Criminal Identification Chairman says that is what usually happens. "We have not seen any type of pattern of abuse or escalation of these types of robberies," declared Aposhian. "We haven't seen blood in the street that a lot of my adversaries or detractors would talk about."

Taylor has held a concealed weapon permit for six years.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mulliga said...

Kel-Tec saves the day once again! I swear, you could hide one of those P32s or P3ATs in a shirt pocket...almost.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No almost about it. I used to have a P32 and did carry it in a pocket of my flannel. I will admit that it was a heavier fabric.

Steelheart

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my P3AT..I always have it when I am in PA. The problem is I spend a lot of time in MD. MD will not issue CCW permits, and that is why(imo) crime is out of control there.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Cybrludite said...

Mulliga,

Are you kidding? I could probably hide my P-32 while sky-clad. (Xavier, I apologize for striking your readers blind w/ that mental image...)

3:29 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

This story should become part of K-T's public relations campaign and website. My P3-AT is always in my pocket when I leave the house.

The remarks about simply being prepared to defend and presenting that criminal with the opportunity to be shot, without having to shoot anyone is important. That the circumstance occurs without being reported or counted is a factor that doesn't receive enough attention.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home