A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: Stocking Stuffer

I went to Neil's shop today, to place a bit more money on my Colt Commander. Little by little, I am whittling away at the price tag. Neil still had his S&W 686 for $399. Neil had also added a little Harrington & Richardson .22LR revolver to his selection. It was a blued 922, the type that has the pull-pin cylinder. I own a H&R 923, which is the nickel version of this revolver. I asked Neil to show it to me. He looked kind of surprised, and removed it from the case.

The little revolver appeared to be in fair shape, except it appeared to have a non-functioning hammer block safety, and it apparently had been converted to double action only. The hammer would not stay cocked, and a notch was not palpable. It had apparently never been oiled or cleaned. I had to wonder if a little elbow grease might whip it back into shape. Neil had a $69 price on the gun. That was agreeable to me. It will make a great stocking stuffer.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Xavier

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home