1. My first degree was in Fine Art. I was, at that time, a damned fine painter and printmaker, who painted still lifes inspired by Chardin, Peto and Vemeer, as well as made assemblages similar to Robert Rauschenberg's early work. I no longer paint or do intaglio, but the framework of art philosophy still influences me in everything I do.
2. I am the seamaster of four saltwater aquariums. Four. A total of 675 gallons of circulating sea water complete with fish, crustacean critters and coral held behind tempered glass in my den. These are not things you dry fire at. Why four tanks? Some saltwater fish eat other saltwater fish, critters and coral. If you want to keep them all, you keep them separately.
3. I was once "into" hot rods, and built a '32 Ford. I went through a vintage motorcycle/chopper phase, and finally restored two antique Series IIA Land Rovers early in my marriage. One for me, one for the wife. Real Land Rovers, Marlon Perkins style.
4. I once had a bounty on my head in a foreign country. I will not say where or when or why.
5. I am an Honorable Shellback, 000/0046E.
Now I have to tag five folks......