A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, January 22, 2007

Pawn Shop Circuit: Fooled

My heart skipped a beat as I walked into Neil's pawn shop this afternoon. From across the store, a large shiny revolver with pearl stocks caught my eye from within the case. As I approached the glass, it appeared to be an N frame S&W with a nickel finish. Once there though, my hopes evaporated. It was a Ruger Redhawk with a five and a half inch barrel, in stainless steel. It was a clean gun, but not a S&W N frame. I did not even look at the price. Neil still had the 50th anniversary MKII in the case, $199.

I made my way over to Kenny's shop. A fellow was looking over the lamo camo Winchester shotgun. Kenny had priced it at $149. The price was fair, but the fellow was trying to dicker. Kenny wasn't having any of it. I caught wind of a gun show being part of the Agriculture Exposition this weekend, so I'm hanging on to my disposable cash right now anyway. Maybe I'll find a nice old Smith there.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger El Capitan said...

Pearl grips on a Redhawk? Horrors... I'm shopping for a 5.5" .44 Redhawk, but that one's been tainted with PimpGrips, I'm afraid.

I must say, I'm quite envious of your local pawnshops. They obviously know what a Blue Book is, and use it. Over hereabouts, the pawnshops seem to price firearms at 85-90% of New retail value, unless the gun's a real beater.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home