A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Pawn Shop Circuit: No Changes

There was a bit of sleet falling as I went on the pawn shop circuit today.
At Kenny's pawn shop today I found a "lamo camo" version of a Winchester 1300 with a sighted slug barrel. Kenny's handgun selection had not changed since I visited last. He also had some type of brass receivered lever action rifle with an octagon barrel. I did not ask to see it, but I did phone a friend who may be interested in it after I left.

Neil still had the Ruger MKII for $199. The Heritage Arms Rough Rider Neil had in .22 with birdshead grips for $99 was sold. Someone made a mistake with that selection, I think. Neil had also sold the H&R 922 that I had returned.

Finally, I drove over to Dave's pawn shop. Dave's selection had not changed except for a couple of Glocks, so I paid another $50 on my layaway gun and drove on home through the sleet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I wish the shops in my area had that kind of turnover. It seems everytime I go in I'm looking at the same stuff.

Anyway, the rifle was probably one of those "new" Henrys. Meant to look like the famous Civil War era repeater but actually based on the design of an old Ithaca lever .22.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a nice 640-1 and I really want it but the $469 price tag was a bummer.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home