A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Rescue Revolvers

The S&W Forum is one of the absolute best places to get information concerning Smith & Wesson revolvers. Posting there can sometimes be intimidating for the neophyte though, because of the level of expertise, as well as the gorgeous photos of rare revolvers owned by the members. Recently some members ave begun posting threads with pictures of neglected revolvers they rescued and renovated for little or nothing. For the pawn shop scrounger, these threads are very heartening and interesting. Here are two.
Rescue Revolver's and Another "rescued" revolver!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier,
When you are out pawn shopping and find an S&W .38 that you like, does it matter or not to you if the revovlver has importer marks on it? Here in NW Arkansas, my local gun shop has several S&Ws and Colts that are stamped C.A.I, Georgia, VT. Do these firearms have less value to you than those that are not so stamped? Have been reading your postings for about 1 week now and am really enjoying it. Keep up the outstanding work.

Matt

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to get one of these so that I can tinker with a S&W and not worry about destroying it. However I have no idea where to even start when inspecting a wheelgun pre purchase. Can you make an article similar to the 1911 one that you have? I'd love to get into wheelguns but I'm just not sure where to start.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Matt,
For me, and it's a personal thing......I do not mind stamped or discreetly engraved importers markings. I cannot abide by the CAI buzzpen markings though. I would probably pass on such a revolver. Sad, but true. Unless of course, it was a screaming deal.......

3:55 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Jeff, There is no way that i can do better than Jim March's Revolver Checkout at The Firing Line.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home